Several weeks ago we gave an important update on our progress with the future of the Old Haigler Inn – our rezoning application was officially submitted to the Town of Mint Hill! Yayyyy to the yayyyy!
If you’re not sure exactly what we’re doing – here’s the cliff notes version:
- We are currently under contract on 22 acres of land in Mint Hill, closing subject to our rezoning approval from the Town of Mint Hill.
- Our proposed plans include constructing a conference and retreat center (known as The Old Haigler Inn), including event space, cottages, cafe, gift shop, spa and a chapel. This is one of our earlier concept drawings which has changed a tad, but you get the idea of what we’re planning.
- Woven into every aspect of this property will be a non-profit ministry that comes alongside to serve those in ministry – pastors, missionaries, church staff, families, etc. Our heart is to bring people and families together to be restored, reclaimed and refreshed!
- There is a current residence on the property in which my parents intend to move into upon closing. We will be building an addition to that current residence and moving onto the property as soon as construction is completed.
- Timeline: Our public hearing happens Thursday, February 8. Anyone can sign in and give input based on opposing or being in favor of our project. The final vote by the Board of Commissioners is scheduled for Thursday, March 8. Upon approval, we are planning to close on the property immediately and start construction. Yes, we will begin building 3 structures AT THE VERY SAME TIME. We are crazy. Goal – to host our grand opening in the Fall of 2018!!!
Now, we need your help – in a big way.
We are scheduled for our Public Hearing with the Town of Mint Hill two weeks from today, Thursday, February 8, 7pm.
Location: 4430 Mint Hill Village Lane, Mint Hill, NC 28227
Local friends: would you consider coming to show your support for our project? And if you feel compelled, we’d appreciate more than you know people signing up to speak and give comments related to supporting our project and specifically speaking about our character and any past experiences you’ve had when dealing with us, personally or professionally. We’re already aware of neighbors that oppose our project and intend to speak publicly against our plans. They’ve questioned our character and motives based on past experiences with other businesses in our local area. That’s tough. Help us pray for wisdom and control in our words and reactions. NOTE: The meeting begins promptly at 7pm and anyone wishing to speak or comment must sign-in before the meeting begins.
Long distance friends: oh how we covet your prayers in this season. I’m all kinds of nervous. This is the biggest project we’ve ever taken on and we’re praying for God to lead our steps. Would you help us pray? Specifically on the night of February 8th at 7pm.
Until our next update, I’m clinging to this first piece we bought in our journey to building a place that welcomes others.
The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring. Isaiah 58:11 NLT
Daily inspiration for starting right where you are – The Daily Starr – delivered via 1 daily text message: subscribe here.