Most days, their bedroom ends up looking like this:
Although, I’ll give full credit to my entire family that we’ve been working hard over the past few months to clean up our disaster areas and live with less clutter everywhere.
Thankfully, this is more like the current situation.
Still, their room has sooo many projects I’ve been meaning to get around to one day.
That one day is going to be this week! I need some furniture painting to keep my mind occupied and I’m turning my attention to their room. Shhhh, it’s a surprise to them!!
I started a few months ago by painting Glennie the Great’s old vanity white.
This big black cabinet still needs to be painted. I’m not sure on the color yet, but I just know it won’t be black 🙂
I’ve also got plans to change around their bed layout and really knock their socks off when they arrive home from school one day this week.
It seems like yesterday when we moved Kylie into Kayla’s room. Where does the time go??
Now they have matching beds and I’m thinking of putting them side by side – kinda like Ricky and Lucy style! We’ll see if they can actually sleep and not talk being side by side. I have my doubts!
Projects planned for their room include –
- painting the remaining unfinished pieces
- raising their beds and adding bed skirts
- changing the room layout
- creating cute cork boards to go on the walls to hold their scripture cards and other mementos
- adding lamps and night stands
- pick a color scheme and add decor
- making their room as functional as possible – there is a lot of wasted space currently. I want to make sure everything is set up to be effective and usable by the girls.
My inspiration for their room makeover project includes these images below – all from Pinterest.
Stay tuned! We’ll have a fun surprise reveal for next week’s #makeovermonday.
Daily inspiration for starting right where you are – The Daily Starr – delivered via 1 daily text message: subscribe here.