Ok – I’ve second guessed sharing this photo with y’all. You know I’m all about being real, but this reality of our front room has been worse than ever the past week.
Why yes, those are Christmas trees on the table…
There’s only been one other time when this room has looked worse – that would be when we moved everything out of my grandmother’s house and had to store a ton of furniture in this room.
I could share all kinds of excuses with you of how I could justify the mess, but they are just excuses and everyone has excuses. Instead, I’ll tell you that this room has REALLY bothered me all week and I’ve done all but shut my eyes as I walk through everyday.
Here I present the smiles of my girls before they find out we’re cleaning the front room as a family project for #funfriday:
Kayla even guessed it right after I took the photo.
“We’re about to clean this room, aren’t we, mom??”
Yes, my mini-me child, you guessed correctly!!!
We cranked up some Tobymac tunes, set up the timelapse video and Brian set the timer on his phone for 45 minutes. I promised the girls that if they worked as hard as they could to help us for 45 minutes I’d have them a #funfriday surprise (even though I have no idea what that will be).
Here we go – our 45 minutes of cleaning the front room condensed to a 23 second timelapse:
A few things to note:
- Brian made over 50 trips up the stairs today (I made 2)
- Brock had several tantrums during the video, good thing you couldn’t hear the sound or you might judge our parenting skills
- Brock decided to pretend we were still at the beach and tried to get into the stroller and go for a ride
- Kylie whined and complained the ENTIRE time, again good for you there was no sound
- We still have a dishwasher sitting in our dining room, doesn’t everyone??
I’d still say this was a successful #funfriday project – for reallllzzzz!
I’m just scared to walk upstairs now…
Now to go figure out what their surprise is gonna be! Ha!
Happy weekending, friends 🙂
Daily inspiration for starting right where you are – The Daily Starr – delivered right to your inbox or via 1 daily text message: subscribe here.