I can’t believe it’s been a month already!
Here are my lessons learned in the first month of being a boy mom:
- Boys poop way more than girls. Although, they don’t have diaper blowouts near as often, ha!
- a. Boy parts aren’t as scary to clean as I thought they would be!
- You can nurse 3 kids and still have no clue what you are doing when it comes to breastfeeding. No joke. I’m clueless still. Power to the pumpers!!!
- Contrary to popular belief, a boy can be mellow and much more calm than girls. So far, this is true. Let’s all pray it continues.
- Boys eat. And eat. And eat. And eat some more. Where does all this milk go????? Poopie diapers, obviously.
- It’s really OK if you show up at daycare 2 days in a row to pick up your daughters and realize that the newborn you’re carrying is actually wearing the same onesie he had on the day before. Ooops.
- Sponge baths are totally cool if you don’t have time for the real thing.
- A complete and finished nursery is becoming less and less important with the 3rd child. He might just stay in our room until he’s 3. Juuuust kidding.
- American Pickers is a great show to watch while passing the hours of feeding and rocking late at night. via Netflix and Hulu 🙂
- Getting anywhere on time is pretty much impossible these days. Forgive us in advance if we show up late for your event, party, meeting, etc. We’re working on it, people!
- Any vehicle with a little more room and a 3rd seat is looking PRETTY DARN GOOD these days. There. I said it. Minivan maybe???
Some of our highlights from Month #1:
1st Picture with Mommy
1st Picture with Daddy
1st Picture with Kayla and Kylie
Leaving the Hospital to come home
All swaddled up tight!
Kylie and her baby. Daddy and his baby.
1st Day at Church
1st Day by the pool
Scary selfies with dad!!
Wearing Paw-Paw’s red boots – antiques!! 🙂
Being held by Papa Kelly
Favorite time of day to be wide awake and happy = 11:30pm
1st Day of Fall Picking Apples (you loved it, obviously)
Smiles – on your 1 month birthday!
We can’t wait to see what the future holds, sweet Baby Brock – Happy 1 month with our crazy family!
Want to have The Daily Starr delivered right to your inbox or via 1 daily text message: subscribe here.