It’s #1wordwednesday, friends – annnnd it’s the first day of FALL y’all!
FALL: when the arrival of night becomes noticeably earlier and the temperature cools considerably. – Wikipedia
I’m not really a fan of the arrival of night, but bring on the cooler temps, amen?? Amen!
What better day than today to tackle an item on our Family Fall To-Do List?
Our kiddos had a teacher workday today and mommy and daddy needed to drive a few hours away to check out a house for work.
We loaded up the kiddos, hit the road for work and made it back by Sky Top Orchard in Flat Rock, NC just 30 minutes before they closed this afternoon.
We had the best 30 minutes ever!!
We picked apples for the first time ever –
And ate the yummiest apple cider donuts EVER!
I may or may not have eaten 3 of these….shhhhhh!
There was all kinds of apple goodness in the store!
Apple pies, apple jams, apples, apple cider, apple juice, etc.
And Brock. Well. He was just completely over the apples by the time we left.
A few pointers if you decide to venture up to Sky Top Orchard:
- They only accept cash.
- The apple cider donuts are a must. Really. Just buy a dozen. Or two.
- You can pick your own apples or buy bunches from the store. If you pick, arrive before 5:30pm. (The nice man gave us 10 minutes to run into the orchard right before they closed!)
- The orchard is open everyday from 9am to 6pm, August 1 through December 1.
- If you like Honey Crisp apples (like me) then you have to come early season. They were all gone by Labor Day per the lady at the counter.
- Wear old shoes or boots – it gets dusty and a little muddy.
- There is no charge for admission – just pay for whatever you buy/pick.
- You can also enjoy a hayride, slides, playgrounds, etc.
- The orchard is a short drive right off of Interstate 26 – just outside of the Hendersonville area. Not a bad drive from Charlotte.
Now that we have a bag full of apples, I decided to pin some apple baking ideas from Pinterest on the drive home that I want to try out this week!!
You can hop on over to my Pinterest board if you want those recipes. I’ll be sure to let you know which ones we try!
What’s your favorite part of FALL? Or what’s on your mind for #1wordwednesday today?
It’s here! Happy Fall Y’all 🙂
Encouragement for the Day:
Want to have The Daily Starr delivered right to your inbox or via 1 daily text message: subscribe here.