Note to self: it MIGHT not be the best idea to create a character cake 2 hours before a birthday party….
Scary eyebrows ahead.
Yes. I did.
Here was my beautiful Pinterest inspiration:
“It can’t be THAT hard!”…so I thought.
I already had 2 small round cake pans that I could use for the ears, and my mom knows what she’s doing in the kitchen – we would be FINE!
There were just a couple of minor issues: I purchased one brand of icing in a tube and another brand of icing decorating tips, which did not fit the tube for the icing. Slight problem.
And have I mentioned that I’ve never tried anything like this before???
Mom cooked the cakes. She did such a beautiful job.
Then I came in to assist with the icing. Houston, we have a problem.
The black icing was a mess. The buttercream icing did much better.
I started on the face…
I could not even contain the laughter and tears. And we had less than an hour before guests were arriving!
At this point, I gave Brian a warning = “Honey, you may be going to Teeter in a few to pick up a cake!”
Then I decided that we could just cover those scary eyebrows up – FOR SURE!
Mom and Joy had doubts…
OHHHH but looka there! She turned out okay!!
And THAT friends is how you pull a #makeovermonday on Minnie’s scary eyebrows 😉
The birthday girl thought it was still fabulous:
Note to friends who are brave enough to try this at home:
- Match the brands of your icing tubs and decorator tips that go on said tubes.
- Buy enough icing to cover up your mistakes 🙂
- Pay attention to regular icing and gel icing – they are very different hahah!
- 3 year olds really don’t pay attention to your faults and they never see the perfect pins on Pinterest – hallelujer!
- Make sure to involve a professional as a back up! Thankfully, I had these adorable cookies as a thank you for our guests from Rebecca Burke’s Sweets & Treats!
Proverb of the Day:
Rich and poor have this in common: The Lord is the Maker of them all. [Proverbs 22:2]
Want to have The Daily Starr delivered right to your inbox or via 1 daily text message: subscribe here.