#slowitdownSunday: Be intentional. Create moments to unrush if you haven’t already today.
This week I read a short inspirational book called “The Traveler’s Gift: Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success”
Author Andy Andrews tells a beautiful story of how fictional character David Ponder goes back in time to meet people throughout history – such as Harry Truman, Abraham Lincoln, King Solomon, and Anne Frank. Each person gives him advice and 1 piece of the 7 steps.
Here are the short highlights of the seven decisions that we can all work towards in our own personal success:
- The buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future.
- I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others.
- I am a person of action. I seize this moment. I choose now.
- I have a decided heart. My destiny is assured.
- Today I will choose to be happy. I am the possessor of a grateful spirit.
- I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit. I will forgive myself.
- I will persist without exception. I am a person of great faith.
(The Traveler’s Gift by Andy Andrews, pg. 204)
(Here’s a printable image of the short version that you can right click and save/print):
Proverb of the Day:
Love wisdom like a sister; make insight a beloved member of your family. [Proverbs 7:4]
Want to have The Daily Starr delivered right to your inbox or via 1 daily text message: subscribe here.